Company: Alden Estates and Courts of Huntley
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Alden Estates and Courts of Huntley - This position is a
stepping stone to becoming a CNA! Upon hire for this position a
tuition agreement will be presented for Alden to pay for the cost
of CNA schooling for each candidate! We are so excited to continue
growing more healthcare leaders within our community! -
We offer our CNAs in-training a SIGN ON BONUS OF $5,000 when you
enroll in a CNA course and become certified within the first 6
months on employment! Once certified we begin paying your bonus
IMMEDIATELY by adding $3.00 to your rate until the bonus is paid in
- Assist nurse aides with designated resident care specific areas
of eating, drinking and personal hygiene. Receive and carry out
instructions concerning the specific feeding, hydration and/or
personal hygiene care needs of the residents whom he/she will be
assigned to assist.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Has completed at least eight years of grade school or provide
proof of equivalent knowledge.
- Must be able to speak and understand the English language or a
language understood by a substantial percentage of the facility's
- Must be of temperate habits and good moral character, honest,
reliable, and trustworthy.
- Has completed the Health Care Worker Background Check.
- Has completed and shown competency in a department approved
training and competency evaluation program for Resident Attendants
before caring for any residents.
- Meets the following personal care needs of the
- Washing a resident's hands and face
- Brushing and combing a resident's hair
- Oral hygiene
- Shaving residents with electric razor
- Applying makeup
- Meets nutritional needs by passing trays, ice water,
nourishments; uses adaptive equipment; tray monitoring.
- Feeds residents who do not have complicated feeding
- Observes and reports change in condition or behavior.
- Meets safety needs by reporting environmental hazards.
- Observe infection control measures.
- Relates courteously and sensitively to residents, families,
visitors, and staff.
- Responsible for attending assigned in-service
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will
enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the
requirements of this position can be fully met
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled,
young, emotionally upset and at times, hostile people.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases,
conditions, etc., including exposure to the (HIV) AIDS and
Hepatitis B viruses.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents,
family members, personnel, and support agencies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Keywords: Alden Estates and Courts of Huntley, Elgin , CNA in-training, Healthcare , Huntley, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!