Patient Care Tech- Huntley Medical Surgical Pediatrics Part-Time Days
Company: Northwestern Memorial Healthcare
Posted on: January 23, 2023
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a
difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first
approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare
industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the
opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter
where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At
Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive
benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k)
matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees.
Ready to join our quest for better?
The Patient Care Tech reflects the mission, vision, and values of
NM, adheres to the organization's Code of Ethics and Corporate
Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies,
procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation
Under the supervision of an RN, the Patient Care Tech performs
basic patient care activities.
- Performs basic nursing care activities as delegated and
supervised by an RN, including monitoring vital signs, taking blood
glucose measurements, and recording intake and output.
- Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities
of daily living, including bathing, grooming and eating.
- Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental and
emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
- Demonstrates flexibility, organization, and multi-tasking. Able
to function under stressful situations.
- Utilizes critical thinking skills to successfully demonstrate
the ability to prioritize and complete unit work quickly as the
needs of the unit, patients and staff change.
- Serves as liaison between patient care units and all other
patient related departments.
- Answers telephone, intercom and call lights in a polite manner
using appropriate telephone etiquette and communicates information
to the appropriate staff/family/patient.
- Manages the overall unit workflow in concert with the charge RN
and/or assistant manager, on an as needed basis.
- Performs pre-census and validates daily admission, discharge
and census lists, on an as needed basis.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Nursing students who have completed one clinical rotation
- Certified Nursing Assistant, Certified Medical Assistant,
Emergency Medical Technician, or nursing school students with one
semester of clinical completed
- CPR - Basic Life Support
- Phlebotomy experience
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Assistant program or Graduate
of Phlebotomy course
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the
basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender
identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any
other protected status.
Keywords: Northwestern Memorial Healthcare, Elgin , Patient Care Tech- Huntley Medical Surgical Pediatrics Part-Time Days, Healthcare , Huntley, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!