Nurse Practitioner-OBGYN, Full-time, Days
Company: Northwestern Medicine
Posted on: January 21, 2023
At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a
difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first
approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare
industry. As an integral part of our team, you'll have the
opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter
where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At
Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive
benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k)
matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees.
Ready to join our quest for better? Benefits
- $10,000 Tuition Reimbursement per year ($5,700 part-time)
- $6,000 Student Loan Repayment ($3,000 part-time)
- $1,000 Professional Development per year ($500 part-time)
- $250 Wellbeing Fund per year($125 for part-time)
- Annual Employee Merit Increase and Incentive Bonus
- Paid time off and Holiday pay
Northwestern Medicine has an exciting opportunity for either a
Nurse Practitioner to work in our OB/GYN department. This Advanced
Practice Provider will be working in an outpatient setting only.
The majority of our patients will be obstetrics with occasional
urgent gynecological needs. A summary of this team is as
- 3 person OB group that delivers at Kishwaukee
- Full service OBGYN group
- 350 deliveries/year
- MFM on consult for patients
Schedule: Monday-Friday (8am-4:30pm)
- No nights/weekends
- No call required
- Demonstrates clinical expertise and expanded knowledge through
patient care activities which may include diagnosis and management
of a wide range of health problems.
- Responsible for health outcome of an assigned patient
- Confers with collaborating physician and other health
professionals in area of clinical expertise.
- Develops appropriate educational systems for patients, families
and staff in areas of expertise.
- Mentors graduate students in aspects of advanced practice and
- Actively participates in quality improvement and/or research
pertinent to area of expertise.
- Conducts comprehensive appraisals of patients' health status by
taking health histories and performing physical examinations in
- Provides direct clinical care to patients.
- Prescribes/orders medications, therapies; orders/interprets
laboratory tests, x-rays and procedures according to clinical
- Evaluates patients to determine their need for further health
- Provides comprehensive teaching to patients and families.
- Documents in the medical record all care and education provided
and/or procedures performed for which the Licensed Advanced
Practice Provider is responsible.
- Refers to other disciplines as appropriate.
- Consultant to other disciplines in areas of expertise.
- Integrates research based knowledge and clinical expertise in
- Exemplifies a professional image in appearance, manner and
- Advocate for patients, families, coworkers, and the
- Maintains certifications and continuing education as required
for licensure and privileging.
- Serves as a patient advocate and role model for "Patients
- Participates in unit/departmental/divisional or hospital
committees/task forces as appropriate.
- Provides comprehensive teaching strategies for patients and
- Develops and participates in programs to meet continuing
education needs of staff.
- Serves as a role model and preceptor to students.
- Provides formal education to both internal and external groups
pertinent to area of specialty.
- Participates in quality improvement and/or research initiatives
for specific patient population as appropriate.
AA/EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans. VEVRAA Federal
- Master's degree from an accredited school/college of
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois.
Current license as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse in the
State of Illinois. Certification as an Advanced Practice Registered
Nurse by a national certifying body as approved by the Illinois
Department of Regulation APRN Board. Once licensed may apply for a
controlled substance license and DEA number
- Privileged and credentialed through the Northwestern Medicine
Medical Staff Office (MSO)
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation - BLS, issued by the American
- Women's health experience
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the
basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender
identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any
other protected status.
Keywords: Northwestern Medicine, Elgin , Nurse Practitioner-OBGYN, Full-time, Days, Healthcare , Sycamore, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!