Patient Care Leader RN Inpatient Surgical Care - Elgin , IL - OR - Operating Room
Company: Advocate Sherman Hospital
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Patient Care Leader RN Inpatient Surgical Care - Elgin ,
ILPatient Care Leader Surgical CareSherman Hospital DaysJob
Summary:The Patient Care Leader (PCL) has a clear understanding of
the Advocate Mission, Vision, & Values, and is able to articulate
this vision to others. Provides operational and clinical leadership
to the unit during assigned shift including serving as a clinical
resource. Leads the provision and coordination of patient-centered,
compassionate and wholistic care. Promotes accountability for
evidence-based practice, clinical decision-making and improvement
of strategic outcomes through enculturation of performance
improvement activities. Anticipates and secures appropriate
resources needed for own shift and next 24-hours. Fosters
professional development of self and others while supporting a
professional practice environment grounded in safety, quality
monitoring and quality improvement.Major Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates excellence in relationship skills including
conflict management and resolution.
- In collaboration with the Clinical Manager, is responsible for
financial outcomes and assists with department productivity target
- Leads the provision and coordination of patient-centered,
compassionate and wholistic care
- Meets regularly with the Nurse Manager to discuss vision and
strategy and review celebrations as well as opportunities for
- Promotes a professional, positive and caring atmosphere in the
- Fosters positive relationships with colleagues within the unit
and across the organization.
- Demonstrates autonomy in decision-making and empowers others to
develop the same.
- Rounds as the clinical leader on staff and patients using the
standard process. Discusses rounding outcomes with staff and
leaders for the purpose of celebrating what is done well and
opportunities for improvement.
- Promotes accountability for evidence-based practice, clinical
decision-making and improvement of outcomes through enculturation
of performance improvement activities.
- Seeks opportunities for and supports others in the advancement
of evidence-based practice.
- Facilitates compliance with regulatory and patient care
- Attends and assists with unit rapid responses while on duty to
support positive patient outcomes.
- Ensures hourly rounding and bedside shift report occur and
escalates the removal of barriers to the same.
- Responsible for first line Service Recovery of patient, family
and physician complaints and effective communication of unresolved
issues to Unit Manager. Works with unit manager to ensure all
tactics are in place to enhance the patient experience.
Knowledgeable about customer service survey and helps to support
and lead unit activities to promote an 'ALWAYS" positive patient
- Uses chain of command for appropriate notification and issue
resolution verbally and in writing.
- Follows-up and assists with resolution of safety events.
Coaches associates as appropriate and helps to identify strategies
to mitigate future re-occurrence.
- Anticipates and secures appropriate resources needed for own
shift and next 24 hours.
- Supports creation/oversight of department schedule. Ensures
modifications are accurately reflected on schedule and time
- Attends bed meetings and collaborates with other departments
for optimal distribution of resources.
- Adjusts staffing levels when needed in collaboration with the
staffing office and House Supervisor and records appropriately in
the electronic scheduling system.
- Uses prudent judgment in making appropriate patient assignments
taking into consideration the care requirements of the patients as
well as skill and competency of available staff.
- Assigns breaks and lunches to staff and coordinate
- Assigns Clinical Technician duties and validates
- Proficient in time keeping including recording of call-ins and
ensuring clock-ins are accurate. Minimizes department OT.
- Ensures availability of adequate supplies and equipment.
- Fosters professional development of self and others while
supporting a professional practice environment grounded in safety,
quality monitoring and quality improvement.
- Performs the principle duties and responsibilities of the
Registered Nurse and serves as a role model for professional
- Assists with onboarding of new associates and works with
leadership team to provide support, track progress and help to
ensure new associate has an individualized orientation plan.
Communicates progress to unit manager.
- Facilitates associate critical thinking and clinical skills to
optimize patient outcomes, customer satisfaction and resource
- Leads, supports and participates in Shared Governance as well
as quality improvement initiatives.
- Contributes to performance management process of clinical staff
by providing real-time coaching for outcomes as well as providing
formal feedback to Nurse Manager for inclusion in performance
- Achieves professional certification. Participates in advanced
or continuing education or other growth opportunities.
- Encourages unit staff to pursue certification, advanced or
continuing education as well as participation in Shared
- Creates impact by being a change agent on the unit and in the
- Describes elements of the Magnet Model and uses the elements to
create relevance for Sherman's Magnet journey.Licensure:
- Nurse, Registered (RN)Education/Experience Required:
- BSN preferred
- 2+ years nursing experience (preferably including charge nurse
or other nursing unit leadership capacity).Knowledge, Skills &
- ---Strong clinical skills
- Ability to lead in a dynamic environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and work cohesively with a
diverse work group.
- Utilize critical thinking and timely decision making.
- Ability to assess skills and abilities of otherPhysical
Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to work within a rapid changing environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal / external
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to patient-focused
- Ability to prioritize independently and respond to multiple
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and in difficult
situations, dealing with and resolving conflict
- Ability to perform lifting / transfer activities related to
patients (up to 50 lbs. may be required).
- Ability to recognize needs and behaviors of specific age groups
of patients treated.
- May be exposed to hazardous materials and life-threatening
- If position has direct patient care or direct patient contact
the following lifting requirement supersedes any previous lifting
requirement effective 06/01/2015. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when
patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling
equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other
associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement
situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.This job
description indicates the general nature and level of work expected
of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform
other related duties.
Keywords: Advocate Sherman Hospital, Elgin , Patient Care Leader RN Inpatient Surgical Care - Elgin , IL - OR - Operating Room, Healthcare , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!