Registered Nurse (RN) - 1099
Company: Staff'd LTC
Posted on: August 3, 2022
RN DESCRIPTIONRegistered Nurse (RN) Agency - $1,500 Bonus!
SUMMARY: The RN is responsible for providing direct nursing care to
the residents and supervising the day-to-day nursing activities
performed by nursing assistants. Such supervision must be in
accordance with current federal, state, and local standards,
guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be
required by the Director of Nursing to ensure that the highest
degree of quality care is maintained at all times. Filling
Short-term gaps on a temporary basis. Travel to different long-term
care facilities throughout the state and possibly across state
lines.*Sign-on bonus is for full-time workers and will be paid out
monthly over a 12-month period.* ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Travel to different long-term care facilities throughout the
state and possibly across state lines.
- Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing assistants. Meet
with your assigned nursing staff, as well as support personnel, in
planning the shift s services, programs and activities. Make
written & oral reports/recommendations concerning the activities of
the shift as required. Admit, transfer and discharge residents as
required. Provide leadership to nursing personnel assigned to your
- Complete & file required recordkeeping forms/charts upon the
resident s admission, transfer and/or discharge. Receive &
transcribe telephone orders from physicians & record on the
Physician s Order Form. Chart nurse s notes in an informative &
descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident,
as well as the resident s response to the care. Fill out and
complete accident/incident reports & submit to Director as
required. Perform routine charting duties as required & in
accordance with established charting & documentation policies &
- Prepare & administer medications as ordered by the
- Develop & maintain a good working rapport with
inter-departmental personnel, as well as other departments within
the facility to ensure that nursing services and activities can be
adequately maintained to meet the needs of the residents. Create
and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and
positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the
unit and shift. Receive/give the nursing report upon reporting in
and ending shift duty hours. Make rounds with physicians as
- Administer professional services such as: catheterization, tube
feedings, suction, applying and changing dressings/bandages, packs,
colostomy, and drainage bags, taking blood, giving massages and
range of motion exercises, etc., as required.
- Monitor your assigned personnel to ensure that they are
following established safety regulations in the use of equipment
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information
including protected health information. Report known or suspected
incidents of unauthorized disclosure of such information. Ensure
that all nursing care is provided in privacy and that nursing
service personnel knock before entering the resident s room.
- Provide IV & IV site care as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS: To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Registered Nurse with a current unencumbered state
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
- Must be able to make independent decisions when circumstances
warrant such action.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing & medical practices &
procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that
pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Current CPR Certification is required.
- Experience in Long Term Care is preferred.
- PCC experience preferred.
- Other state licenses a plus.
- Covid vaccinated and boosted or have a valid exemption.
- CMS covid training certificate PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical
demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to cope with the mental & emotional stress of the
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the
policies of this facility, which include a medical & physical
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 50
pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and able to push, pull, move,
and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents
during emergency situations. Associated topics: ambulatory, care
unit, coronary, hospice, intensive, mhb, nurse, nurse clinical,
staff nurse, unit
Keywords: Staff'd LTC, Elgin , Registered Nurse (RN) - 1099, Healthcare , Sycamore, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!