Company: Systems In Motion
Posted on: August 6, 2022
POSITION OVERVIEW:Responsible for the implementation and
management of Conveyor System Integration Projects, interacting
with Sales Personnel, Equipment Vendors, Sub Contractors, Dealers
and Clients. CORE VALUES:We at Conveyor Solutions live by a core
set of beliefs and principles that we define as our Core Values.
Our Core Values are the foundation in all we do. This is especially
true as we add team members to our growing family to ensure they
exemplify the Systems in Motion Core Values, which are:
- Optimistic and Growth Oriented
- "Make it Happen"
- Passionate and Enthusiastic
- "Own It"
- Creative Problem Solver PRIMARY DUTIES AND
- Review proposals, contracts and new orders for accuracy and
commercial and technical issues.
- Get the customer to commit to the design parameters and givens
- Estimate and direct internal Conveyor Solutions resources
necessary to successfully complete the project. Communicate with
other Systems Team members current and anticipated needs.
- Maintain positive cash flow on all projects.
- Publish weekly Project Logs for projects larger than $50,000 or
- Be aware of budget margin and current forecast margin +/- 1% of
all major projects at all times.
- Advise Sales and Systems Manager of any significant expected
deviations. Update forecast in QuickBooks with coordinator.
- Responsible for content, format and timeliness of all project
correspondence and submittals including drawings, letters,
equipment and controls documentation, spare parts lists, purchase
orders, & change orders.
- Manage the project schedule. Use electronic Gantt chart for
installed projects. Communicate when other project parties (e.g.
customer) delay Conveyor Solutions. Maintain the baseline schedule
- Approve and review all supplier invoices related to the
project.Superior Performance Objectives:
- Customer satisfaction on each project (customer surveys)
- Project financial variance minimized by cost category
- Project completed on time per the approved schedule
- Time frame from "go live" to "system acceptance" is per the
approved schedule and is minimized
- The design and standardization of additional processes needed
to properly execute a project.
- Management of customer and scope to ensure changes are
documented and costs and delays are accounted for. OTHER DUTIES AND
- Handoff and training with end user as required
- Assisting to generate job documentation
- Assist on entering orders for outside salesmen
- Ability to generate quotes and/or proposals
- Generate quotes for system spare parts EDUCATION
- Bachelor s degree in Engineering EXPERIENCE
- 2-4 years of Project Management experience
- 5+ years experience in conveyors and warehouse handling
solutions preferred (Hytrol, Dorner, etc)
- Strong knowledge of latest version of AutoCAD
- Material Handling, Manufacturing or Packaging background a
- Solid understanding of application of contemporary industrial
control systems preferred
- Project Management background, Project Management Professional
(PMP) a plus
- Valid drivers license as travel 25% of the time
- Ability to read blue prints and/or technical drawings
- Strong computer knowledge of Microsoft Office SKILLS REQUIRED
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to multitask
- Excellent judgment and solid decision-making skills
- Detailed oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to tactfully handle stressful and difficult
- Possess strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of mechanical equipment and installation
- Ability to read drawings and visualize details in three
dimensions PERSONAL QUALITIES/TRAITS Team Player DependablePositive
Attitude Customer FocusedEthical and Honest ProductiveMotivated
AdaptabilityPunctual ENVIRONMENTAL/PHYSICAL FACTORS
- This position works primarily in a typical office
- This position requires, at times, working in a warehouse,
manufacturing, distribution and industrial environments or others
based on contract.
- This position requires ability to lift 35 lbs.
Keywords: Systems In Motion, Elgin , Project Manager, Executive , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!