Quality Operations Manager
Company: John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc.
Posted on: August 3, 2022
Summary of the Position:The Quality Operations Manager is
responsible for the management and execution of operation quality
control programs and systems at the JBSS plant. The person in this
position provides program oversight and continuity for the food
safety plan. The Quality Operations Manager provides people
leadership for the quality function and is a go to resource for
daily operations quality activities.Functions of the Position:
- Oversees department supervisors and evaluates their performance
to assure that all policies, procedures, programs, and systems are
fully implemented. Provides coaching, scheduling, recruiting, and
development plan activities.
- Assures that all quality control procedures and associated
documentation (pre-ops, line sheets, manuals, etc.) are properly
developed, verified, validated, updated, and compliant with company
policies and procedures. Assists in the development,
implementation, and maintenance of production related quality
policies, procedures, programs, and systems.
- Coordinates with plant operation departments daily to ensure
quality of products and programs during operations. Manages OOS and
food safety concerns in a timely manner.
- Supports the Quality Systems Manager, Sanitation Manager, and
teams to help implement, improve, and maintain the prerequisite
programs and sanitation programs.
- Ensures Food Safety Plans are maintained, verified, validated,
and kept current and CCP's/PC's and pre-requisite programs are
monitored, verified, and validated as required by the plan.
- Investigates product holds, implements corrective and
preventive actions, and provides responses and reports in a timely
manner. Provides assistance to customer service representatives
when technical expertise is needed.
- Acts as an SQF practitioner; assures that a protocol for
validating pre-requisite programs and critical food safety and food
quality limits is developed, implemented, and maintained.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of
quality and food safety related training.
- Leads or Participates in regulatory inspections and customer
and third party audits such as AIB and SQF.Education, Experience
- Bachelors' degree in a food science, technology, or laboratory
science (such as biology, chemistry or physics, etc.) is
- Seven or more years of experience in managing quality
operations in a food-manufacturing environment
requiredCertificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- PCQI- Preventative Controls Qualified Individual for food
- Certified SQF practitioner
- Must be a strong communicator with comprehensive hands-on
experience in both food manufacturing/operations and QC lab
- Highly proficient in utilizing computer software/desktop
applications (such as MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Visio, etc.)
- Must be capable of serving as a "customer advocate" within the
- Must be capable of positively interacting with other
companies/customers upper managements
- Able to travel up to 5%
Keywords: John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc., Elgin , Quality Operations Manager, Executive , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!