Environmental Compliance Manager
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition Summary: The successful candidate will
work closely with company personnel and EHS Management to provide
the regulatory research and guidance to assist the company in
proactively managing regulatory compliance across all aspects of
the business. The effective candidate willenergetically support the
leadership team on their drive for increased efficiency and
measurableimprovement.Essential Duties: Regulatory
- Working knowledge of Federal, states and local environmental
regulations, such as,RCRA, CWA and CAA.
- Familiar with Environmental Reporting, such as, RCRA biennial
hazardous waste, TierII, TRI, and other state and local reporting
for multiple locations and states.
- Support environmental permitting and plans - New facilities,
existing permitmodifications, renewals, etc.
- Knowledge of Enablon preferred and/or other Environmental
Management Systems (EMIS).Support the implementation of
environmental management system, Enablon, by completing compliance
calendars for all required activities and reporting obligations.
- Respond to CHEMTREC calls immediately and assist HCC personnel,
as needed to respondto spills.
- identify regulatory reporting obligations and report
accordingly. Make all spillnotifications and reports required by
State and federal agencies. Facilities Compliance Responsibilities
- Review and maintain all environmental programs and plans -
SWPPP, SPCC, Contingencyplans, etc.
- Developing, completing and filing all necessary documentation
and/or reports inaccordance with applicable reporting and record
keeping requirements - periodic environmental reporting, inspection
checklists, spill reporting as needed, etc.Other Duties as
assigned.Position Qualification Requirements: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be ableto perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Occasional travel may be required. The
followingrequirements are representative of the knowledge, skill
and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential
- Familiar with Federal, State, and local environmental reporting
- Ability to conduct comprehensive incident investigations,
identify root causes andCorrective And Preventive Actions Preferred
But Not Required.
- Knowledge of EMIS/Enablon preferred.
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills
- Quick learner and a desire to learn more about various RCRA and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A track record of a strong work ethic and reliabilityWork
- 3+ years regulatory related work experience minimumEducation,
Certificates, Licenses, or Designations
- Bachelor's DegreeSpecific Skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applicationsAll
qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to
race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, military status, genetic information, or any other status
protected by applicable laws or regulations.GPAC (Growing People
and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in
placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the
United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive,
client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to
deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Keywords: gpac, Elgin , Environmental Compliance Manager, Executive , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!