Director of Nursing & Wellness (LPN/RN)
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job DescriptionCan you be a real, true friend? Is it your nature
to be open, listen deeply, know your heart, respond genuinely, and
care as only a real friend cares? If so, we want to meet you.
Cedarhurst, a regional healthcare provider and true friend of older
adults, seeks a service-minded, career-oriented individual to join
our team as a full-time Director of Wellness at our Woodstock, IL.
community. As a Director of Wellness, you will have to opportunity
to connect with, and positively impact the lives of, our residents
daily! You will be responsible for ensuring the provision of
quality nursing care in accordance with Federal, State and Local
regulations while efficiently and effectively leading your care
staff team. In addition, you will promote the physical, personal,
and emotional well-being of each resident and work with the
Executive Director, as well as other community leadership, and care
staff teams to strive to reach the ultimate goal, which is to
return the resident to their maximum level of self-care and
independence, when possible.As a Director of Wellness, working with
the Executive Director, you will impact the lives of our residents
- Ability to oversee the delivery of quality care and services to
our residents in compliance with the regulations pertaining to care
plans and resident assessments.
- Develop and implement nursing service objectives, policies, and
procedures in coordination with organizational goals and
objectives, in accordance with Federal and State regulations.
- Strive to maintain safe working environment through the
prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment and the
achievement of safe working practices.
- Provide nursing coverage and assistance when needed.
- Assess residents and potential residents for appropriate levels
- Manage and coordinate the work of all nursing and care staff,
communicating pertinent resident health and safety
- Must remain flexible and have the ability to work weekends as
Manager on Duty, when necessary.To become a Director of Wellness,
you will need –
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree from an accredited School of
Nursing and current state license for LPN or RN is required at all
times, with 3+ years of nursing experience preferred.
- At least three (3) years of nursing experience in a senior care
community with proven leadership and organizational skills is
- Working knowledge of best person-directed care practices for
seniors, including those with dementia preferred.
- Must possess a current CPR certification at all times
- Must be able to meet all physical demands of the job which
includes, but is not limited to: seeing, speaking, touching,
walking, standing, bending, reaching overhead, crouching/kneeling
or crawling, as well as the ability to regularly lift/move up to
50lbs independently and up to 100lbs with assistance.
- Comply with all personnel policies, community policies &
procedures, as well as State & Federal regulations and
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven
experience in staffing, leading, developing, and retaining a strong
resident care team.
- Must possess a proven ability conduct oneself in a professional
manner at all times with the ability to effectively perform
conflict intervention and resolution for residents, families,
employees, and others as needed.
- Ability to work well with others and take direction from
management, as well as take initiative – willing to go above and
beyond to ensure our residents needs are met and they are
comfortable in their living environment.
- Self-motivated to accomplish identified goals with a strong
sense of accountability for results.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as: Microsoft Office
(Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), Electronic Health Record systems
(EHR), such as Caremerge
- Must possess knowledge of state regulations regarding senior
living care, as well as a solid understanding of opportunities and
limits of other levels of care within senior living. When
considering a career with Cedarhurst, please understand that –
- Our core values describe our expectation that every team member
will be Passionate, Trustworthy, Empathetic, Positive, Respectful
and Approachable – and in every way a real, true friend of those we
- To be a Cedarhurst team member means you're devoted to doing
The Friend's Work: In your every effort, you reassure, energize,
and inspire older adults in Cedarhurst.
- Cedarhurst believes that its team is its greatest asset. For
this reason, we provide our team members with extensive training as
well as personal and career development opportunities.
- Cedarhurst believes in promoting from within. We seek team
members who wish to grow with us.
- Cedarhurst offers a competitive benefits package including
medical insurance coverage, life insurance, long-term disability
coverage and a 401(k) Plan with company match (after 1 year of
- Cedarhurst considers the health and safety of its residents,
family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All
offers of employment are conditioned on completing and passing a
background and drug test, participating in mandatory COVID-19
vaccine program, participating in testing requirements (COVID-19
and TB) and using designated PPE when required.We are an Equal
Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act, we will provide reasonable accommodations to
qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective
employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with
Keywords: Cedarhurst, Elgin , Director of Nursing & Wellness (LPN/RN), Executive , Woodstock, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!