Director of Athletics
Company: JUDSON UNIVERSITY A BAPTIST INSTITU
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job Summary: Judson University seeks a highly skilled leader to
work in conjunction with a successful coaching staff in leading its
athletic department. The qualified candidate will be committed to
the faith identity of Judson University and will collaborate with
internal and external stakeholders to advance the University
mission and the vision for the success of the athletic department.
In addition, he or she will direct the department within NAIA,
NCCAA, CCAC, and MSFA guidelines as well as University policies.
This position reports to the Executive Vice President of the
University. Requirements of the successful candidate will include
but will not necessarily be limited to:
- Mentor, lead, and advise athletic department staff spiritually,
academically, and athletically.
- Assist coaches in recruiting academically and athletically
talented scholar-athletes who fit in the Christian culture &
mission of Judson University.
- Hire, train, and evaluate coaches and athletic department
- In conjunction with the Faculty Athletics Representative and
the University Registrar, monitor and verify scholar-athlete
- Work with a cross-section of campus entities such as faculty,
coaches, the student success center, and others to assure academic
success of the Universitys scholar-athletes.
- Ensure departmental compliance with NAIA, NCCAA, CCAC, and MSFA
rules and policies.
- Represent Judson University at all pertinent NAIA, NCCAA, CCAC,
and MSFA meetings.
- Oversee and manage the overall department budget and assist
coaches in managing program budgets.
- Uphold, update, and adapt as needed the polices found in the
University coaches and scholar-athlete handbooks.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Judson University
athletic department alumni and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with University plant operations in the maintenance
of athletic facilities.
- Fundraise for the general athletic department and assist
coaches with programmatic fundraising efforts.
- Manage internal and external contracts and relationships held
by the athletic department.
- Uphold University-wide responsibilities, including, but not
limited to serving on committees, participating in chapel events,
supporting student recruitment and retention, speaking at athletic
and community events, etc.
- Other responsibilities as reasonably assigned by the Executive
Vice President or President. Requirements:
- Demonstrated personal Christian faith & commitment to the
Christian mission of the University.
- Experience in athletic administration at the college or high
school level preferred.
- Requires the ability to handle extensive hours during
- Limited domestic & international travel required for
association, conference, and University events.
- Valid drivers license.
- Ability to work long hours, nights, and weekends as required
for contests and events.
- Background, reference, drug and criminal checks required.
Applicants must apply through the Judson University website and
submit one pdf document that includes a letter interest, resume,
and names/contact information for at least three professional
Keywords: JUDSON UNIVERSITY A BAPTIST INSTITU, Elgin , Director of Athletics, Executive , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!