Strategic Sourcing Manager
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a
diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers
specialized expertise, innovative thinking, and value-added
products to meet critical customer needs in a variety of
industries. Ranked among Fortune Magazine's most admired companies,
the company focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and
strong returns across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These
divisions serve customers and markets around the globe, with a
significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets.
ITW's revenues totaled $14.1billion in 2019.
ITW Medical is comprised of three strong medical product brands -
Coeur, Filtertek & Precise - situated to proactively meet the needs
of customers in the marketplace. Coeur is a leading provider of
disposable medical products used in diagnostic imaging and other
medical procedures. The Filtertek product line is comprised of
custom plastic insert molded filtration and flow control components
for global OEM medical device customers. Precise Biomedical
provides preventative maintenance, service support and parts for
power injectors used in the medical imaging market.
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will report to the Global Director
of Operations and will be responsible for coordinating sourcing
activities for multiple locations including Hebron, IL, Elk Grove
Village, IL, Washington, NC and New Castle West, Ireland.
- Deliver on annual Strategic Sourcing Goals
- Identifies strategic partners and delivers improved products
and lower costs to the organization through supplier management,
strategic sourcing, commodity management, and total cost
- Manages supplier risk mitigation, develop dual sourcing
strategy on key components.
- Develop sourcing strategies based on rigorous analysis of spend
data, supply market dynamics, category intelligence, and business
requirements to ensure supply base optimization and improvement to
cost, quality and service.
- Design and implement strategies to rationalize the supply base
and leverage entire division's spend.
- Direct site materials managers on all sourcing related
activities and commitments including the review, negotiation, and
acquisition of strategic suppliers.
- Develop best practices and implement across the division.
- Forecasts price trends and their impact on future
- Analyzes quotes and negotiates prices & delivery conditions
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of work experience in sourcing,
procurement, or supply chain role, or working with direct materials
in a sales, engineering or operations capacity using advanced
quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management, prioritization and project
- Analytical Skills - Enjoy gathering and digging deeply into
data to identify issues and produce creative, effective solutions,
and understands market dynamics and business requirements.
- Communication Skills - Exceptionally strong written and oral
communication skills are a must. Ability to present to senior
management, build relationships and become an influencer in major
strategic decisions are critical to this position.
- Strong negotiation skills are essential in this role.
- Technical Skills - A thorough understanding of manufacturing
practices and the ability to understand product specifications and
features are essential for success in this position.
- Understands category buying & management process to identify
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across
different business units.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues and staff to create a
results driven, team-oriented environment.
- Uses personal influence skills rather than position power to
persuade others and gain support.
- Sense of urgency and comfort working in a fast-paced
environment with a variety of simultaneous projects.
- Ability to think strategically and use quantitative and
qualitative data to create strategies that move ITW forward.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to sit, stand, walk, talk or hear; uses hands
to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. Duties include
data entry 80% of the time. The employee may lift, push or pull up
to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package,
including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the
first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid
vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional
retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded
at no cost after one year.
ITW Medical is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative
action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work
environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique
talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males,
disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities,
all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender
identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons
with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job
functions. If you require assistance with completing an
application, please reply that you require assistance.
Keywords: ITW, Elgin , Strategic Sourcing Manager, Executive , Hebron, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!