Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: November 11, 2018
We are seeking a talented Controls Engineer with LabVIEW system experience for a high-profile role with a global division of a publicly traded manufacturing company that is known for growth, innovation, and market leadership.
This person will support and upgrade current end of line test systems and design new automated systems that involving National Instruments (NI) and other common controls hardware.--
- LabVIEW programming and Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) interfaces
- Production, installation commissioning, documentation, operation and enhancement of NI based systems. Collaboration with manufacturing and product engineers to develop requirements for NI-based systems.
- Controls level Electrical Design
- Detailed design and specification of hardware, distributed IO and infrastructure components, software structure, and HMI
- PLC Programming
- Working with SQL and MS Access databases.
- Partnering with engineering during the early stages of Design Tollgate process and develop functional test parameters and requirements from product design specifications.
- Designing and building automated test stands using LabVIEW and National Instruments hardware to perform verification and validation of actuator assemblies.
- Upgrading current test systems with newer technology and incorporating mistake-proof methodologies as part of final test process.
- Improvement of operator safety through incorporation of safety mechanisms such as light curtains and IR sensors.
- Improving quality by developing automated test data collection plan to enable robust root-cause analysis.
- 4-year degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 4+ years of experience, including LabVIEW programming and systems, within an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Experience with National Instruments hardware (cDAQ & cRIO systems).
- Hardware experience working with pneumatics, hydraulics, motors (AC, DC), Printed Circuit Boards, Load Cells, Programmable Power Supplies, bar code readers, Zebra label printers, Engravers, and Encoders.
- Software experience with LabVIEW, MS Access, MS SQL, AutoCAD Electrical, and PLC development Software.
- Proven knowledge of current safety best practices, controlling product flow, data acquisition, and programming algorithms to process analog and digital inputs.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Excellent logical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Solid organization, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
Keywords: Job Juncture, Elgin , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!