Process Safety Engineer
Company: Henkel group
Posted on: November 20, 2023
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career.
Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life
within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along
with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless
opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your
career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future,
while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and
belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our
team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
The Process Safety Engineer supports line management and shop floor
staff with implementation, management, and continuous improvement
of the Process Safety Management Program at multiple sites within
the NA Region by:
- Ensuring regulatory compliance with Occupational Safety and
Health Administration (OSHA) 1910.119 Process Safety Management
(PSM) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) 40 CFR Part 68 Risk
Management Program (RMP) standard as well as internal corporate
- Leading Hazard Analyses utilizing multiple methodologies for
process units, projects, and MOC's when required.
- Participating in incident investigations and development of
- Preparing reports of internal assessments and audits and
prepare actions for entry into tracking system.
- Providing technical support for the Management of Change (MOC)
and Pre-start Up Safety Review (PSSR) processes as needed.
- Supporting sites to close out action items from hazard
assessments, audits, and incident investigations.
- Reviewing and providing guidance for the application of RAGAGEP
to new projects and existing processes.
- Participating in PSM compliance audits.
- Conducting learning and awareness training sessions.
- Developing and mentoring other employees to improve process
safety capabilities across the organization.
- BS or MS Degree in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical
- Knowledge of OSHA PSM and EPA RMP Standards through education
- 3+ years of experience in a process engineering, industrial
engineering, or other relevant position is required.
- This is an in-office role and 50% travel is required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience in a batch/specialty chemical
- Experience interpreting and applying RAGAGEP standards - NFPA,
ASTM, API, etc.
- Ability to work independently with cross-functional teams at
- Experience with combustible dust or industrial utilities,
including gas-fired equipment.
The salary for this role is $100,000 - $120,000. This is the range
that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for
this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted
range and this range. This salary range may also be modified in the
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity and expression, and other legally protected
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or
employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are
considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee
for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited
referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be
invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these
cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and
All employees applying for an internal position must have a
discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job
posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee
from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Keywords: Henkel group, Elgin , Process Safety Engineer, Engineering , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!