Senior Applications Engineer
Company: Newhaven Display International, Inc.
Posted on: September 21, 2023
This position is for a self-starter with a passion for
Electronics Engineering. Here you will use your love of electronics
to support our clients, help them select the right display products
for their applications, troubleshoot hardware and software issues,
and design or modify displays to meet their needs. Light travel may
be required to meet with our customers or manufacturing facilities
in person. The ideal candidate has a strong background in
electronics engineering, excellent communication and
problem-solving skills, and a passion for helping customers achieve
- Collaborate with customers to understand their display needs
and develop solutions that meet their requirements.
- Design and test electronic displays, including circuit design,
PCB layout, and software development for new and existing
- Troubleshoot problems with electronic display hardware &
software and develop solutions to resolve them.
- Provide technical support to customers and internal teams,
including answering questions and providing guidance via email,
phone or in-person.
- Prepare technical resources, including user drawings,
schematics, product tutorials, manuals, datasheets, application
notes, and demonstration kits.
- Participate in product design and development activities,
including prototyping, testing, and debugging.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in electronics
- Assist Marketing, Distribution & Sales teams with product
training and technical questions.RequirementsPrimary
- BSEE degree or higher.
- At least 6 years of experience in a technical role, preferably
as an Applications Engineer in the electronics industry.
- C++, C or similar software programming skills.
- Understanding of embedded systems, microcontrollers (PIC,
ATMEL, ARM, etc.) and peripherals (I -C, SPI, USB, GPIO, SD Card,
- Understanding of electronics theory.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate
technical information effectively.
- Strong organizational skills and self-discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.Secondary
- Ability to read electronic schematics.
- Ability to build prototype designs (soldering, breadboard
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot Printed Circuit Boards and
- Experience with OLED, LCD, LED or VFD technology is a
plus.Apply for this Job Position Required First Name Required Last
Name Required Email Address Required Phone Number Required ZIP /
Postal Code Required Please Attach Resume (.pdf, .doc, .docx, or
.txt file - 2MB limit) Required
Keywords: Newhaven Display International, Inc., Elgin , Senior Applications Engineer, Engineering , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!