Company: EDWARD JONES
Posted on: January 25, 2023
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.At Edward Jones we are developing a next-generation
analytics architecture to support our growing business. As part of
the Tech Data Engineering team, you will be challenged daily to
find innovative solutions to improve the speed and delivery of our
information. This will also bring you into contact with a diverse
array of stakeholders ranging from IT to our front line business
organizations, and you will be working on defining an architecture
platform that establishes the foundational layer for Edward Jones
analytics for years to come.
As a Data Engineer, you will focus on design of the Analytic Hub
architecture and data pipelines based on business needs and
- Act as technical lead of small teams of ETL
developers/engineers on complex efforts/sprints projects.
- Assist in troubleshooting complex issues/efforts with other
team members or cross divisional teams, leveraging seasoned
judgment, technical and business acumen.
- Assume team leadership responsibilities when called upon.
- Quickly establish yourself as credible resource for
understanding new technologies and architectures related to data
management solutions and business processes.
- Work closely with QA, business/product analysts and customers
to design and implement new feature requests
- Ensure standards and directional adherence across the various
- Work with internal and external technology experts to ascertain
system functional capacity, constraints and support lifecycles.
Evaluate and make recommendations to ensure technology investments
- Proactively identify unnecessary complexity and potential
failure points, assist with creating plans to reduce or eliminate
- Build and maintain strong relationships with technology teams
and business partners to facilitate improved alignment of
technology initiatives to business strategies
- Design and build analytic hub and data pipelines using
technologies like Snowflake, Matillion, Qlik, Data Bricks, Oracle,
SQL Server, RDS PostgreSQL, ETL/ELT Tools.
- Advanced working SQL/PLSQL knowledge and experience working
with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working
familiarity with a variety of databases structures (DB2, Oracle,
SQLServer, MongoDB, dimensional designed solutions and
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines,
architectures and data sets. Demonstrated root cause analysis that
solves for issue mitigation.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured
datasets and recommending transformations to optimal
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills with
an agile methodology mindset. Strong written and verbal
- Candidates should also have 3+ years of experience using the
- SQL, PLSQL, Linux scripting, etc.
- Experience with AWS/Azure cloud services and platforms.
- Experience with Snowflake and Matillion.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting
languages: Python, Java, etc.
- Data Engineer who has attained a degree in Computer Science,
Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another
quantitative field experience.
- MS/BS in Computer Science or equivalent at an accredited
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2022, published Fortune
July 2022, Great Places to Work - data as of March 2022.
Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for
Millennials by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. The
privately held firm ranked No. 2 overall, in its fourth appearance
on the list.2022 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, published
September 2022, research by Great Places to Work -, data as of
August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the
Edward Jones has been named to the
2022 Best Workplaces for Women list by Great Places to Work - and
Fortune - magazine, ranking No. 45.2022 Fortune's 100 Best
Companies to Work For, published April 2022, research by Great
Place to Work -, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
For the 23rd time, Edward Jones has
earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For -
ranking by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. Edward
Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list.2022 Best Places
to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work - in partnership
with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine
January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
Edward Jones scored 100 percent on
the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality
Index (CEI) the nation's foremost benchmarking survey and report
measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+
workplace equality. The ranking designated Jones as one of the best
places to work for LGBTQ+Equality.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. to learn more about our total
compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically
includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for
this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on
skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a
potential new associate:
Salary: $106916 - $182047
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Elgin , Data Engineer, Engineering , Carpentersville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!