Chief Building Engineer
Company: Bridge Commercial Real Estate
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Make an impact
As a Chief Engineer you will be joining a dynamic property
management team to maintain the operation and safety of two office
buildings in the Cary submarket. You will cultivate strong
relationships with vendors, tenants, and the property management
team daily to work collaboratively and efficiently!
What you should bring
- You will have a minimum of seven years' work experience in
building maintenance and HVAC within a commercial office property
- You will have 3+ years proven supervisory experience leading
and training a maintenance team within a commercial office property
- You will have demonstratable experience with Capital
improvement and other renovations
- You will have a Class C boiler license or higher preferred (if
applicable) and universal refrigerant recovery and transfer
- You will have knowledge of and experience in mechanical
concepts, applicable electric codes, HVAC principles, water
chemistry, and indoor air quality.
- You will have strong contract administration and vendor
- You will have basic accounting and budgeting knowledge.
What you can be part of
As Chief Engineer you will be responsible for building maintenance
and operations to include preventative maintenance, energy
management, tenant satisfaction, technical staff supervision,
training, life/safety systems, budget preparation and
implementation and knowledge of building codes.
- You will be directly responsible for all aspects of
- You will promote and maintain energy efficiency for building
operations to include but not limited to electrical, water and gas
- You will perform maintenance repairs and preventative
maintenance work in all phases of HVAC, electrical, building
automation, and fire and life safety systems.
- You will be responsible for overall administration of the water
treatment program, to include periodic monitoring of core water and
cooling tower water when in operation.
- You will be responsible for performing functions of the Angus
Anywhere Tenant Request/Preventative Maintenance Program including
the annual update for labor/material charges and tenant
- You will maintain equipment and material documentation such as
drawings, manuals, service records, MSDS, etc.
- You will assist with the construction administration
- You will provide mechanical, electrical and plumbing scope
insight for building improvements and tenant improvements.
- You will assist with the preparation and implementation of the
- You will be responsible for supply inventory, control and
- You will proactively conduct tours to look for deficiencies and
- You will be responsible for emergency on-call as first line of
resource to the building engineers.
- You will supervise, train and develop assigned maintenance
What we offer
- Highly competitive base salary and bonus program
- Full benefits suite including 401K, above average PTO, Parental
Leave and Medical, Dental Vision
- Access to benefits concierge service
- Access to Mental Health & Wellbeing service
- Be part of a culture that is truly open door, with access to
mentorship, career advancement and innovation
- Chance to join employee resources groups and events including
Bridge Women's Network, Black Inclusion Group, BIG Pride, Bridge of
Honor Veterans and Advocates for Accessibility
- Opportunity to be involved in community outreach and charity
Get to know Bridge
Bridge is a leading, vertically integrated real estate investment
manager, diversified across specialized asset classes. Bridge
combines its nationwide operating platform with dedicated teams of
investment professionals focused on select U.S. real estate
verticals including multifamily, residential rental, office,
development, logistics properties, net lease, solar, prop-tech and
real estate-backed credit.
Bridge is well-regarded for its high integrity and collaborative
leadership culture that rewards both individual thinking and team
decision-making. Our leadership are seasoned professionals who
bring their vast experience and high standards of excellence to
their work. Our leaders' value career development and take
seriously the role they play in developing next generation leaders.
Bridge professionals embody accountability and seek to deliver
high-quality results through creativity and innovation.
Keywords: Bridge Commercial Real Estate, Elgin , Chief Building Engineer, Engineering , Cary, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!