Posted on: February 14, 2020
Position: Quality Engineer
Location: Elgin, IL
In this critical position you will provide leadership and a hands
on approach to problem-solving to ensure customers are fully
satisfied with the company's service.
The Quality Engineer will report to the Regional Quality Manager
and maintain the quality system within the Elgin service
- Drive corrective and preventive actions using KPI inputs with a
focus on effective root-cause analysis.
- Support quality planning process.
- Provide product quality analysis via various testing
methodologies. Support Material Review and disposition of
- Manage Quality System documentation, gauge inventory, audits,
reporting of quality system status/key process indicators.
- Train production personnel in quality system requirements,
processes, and procedures as required.
- Minimum 4 year degree in Quality, Engineering, or related
- Proven experience with APQP / PPAP disciplines
- 2+ years of experience in a quality engineering role within a
manufacturing and/or production environment
- 2+ years of experience implementing and executing ISO 9001:2015
/ ISO 13485
- Ability to effectively use problem-solving tools such as Pareto
Charts, SPC methodologies, cause and effect diagrams as well as 8D
or similar problem solving experience
- Action oriented individual who drives for results in managing
the Quality Management System.
- Effective verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Computer proficiency to include Windows, MS Word, Excel and
- Strong familiarity with various inspection equipment.
About usOerlikon is a leading global technology Group, with a clear
strategy of becoming a global powerhouse in Surface Solutions,
advanced materials and materials processing. The Group is committed
to investing in value-bringing technologies that provide customers
with lighter, more durable materials that are able to increase
performance, improve efficiency and reduce the use of scarce
resources. A Swiss company with over 100 years of tradition,
Oerlikon has a global footprint of over 15 000 employees at 186
locations in 37 countries and sales of CHF 2.85 billion. Sustaining
growth and improving profitability in 2018: order intake to
increase up to CHF 3.4 billion, sales to around CHF 3.2 billion,
and the EBITDA margin to improve to around 15 % (after
Oerlikon Balzers develops processes and systems for the coating of
tools, components and decorative plastic elements. Comprising 106
locations in 34 countries, Balzers global network of coating
centers is daily dedicated to further improving component
performance and tooling productivity through coating technology.
Join us and become a part of our future oriented, international
We have a great benefits package including medical insurance,
dental and vision, tuition reimbursement, health and wellness
benefits, and 401(K). If you want to operate in a business
environment that gives you the freedom to imagine what is possible
- please send us your application!
Statement of Equal Opportunity: Oerlikon Balzers is an equal
opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability,
veteran or marital status, or based on any individual's status in
any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local
law. The company also provides reasonable accommodations to
qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the
Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local
laws. If you require an accommodation during the application
process, please notify a Human Resources Representative.
Keywords: Oerlikon, Elgin , Quality Engineer, Engineering , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!