Company: ST CHARLES PARK DISTRICT
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Pottawatomie Community Center - St. Charles, IL
Flexible - including Weekends / Holidays
Job Summary - About the Role
Deliver high quality recreation services for residents, visitors
and the St. Charles community by adhering to the District's safety
and administrative policies and procedures.
Starting Pay Rate: $13/hr DOQ
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
This position is well suited for someone with a pleasant
personality. Work record that shows reliability, initiative, tact,
organization skills, and productivity. Strong dance skills along
with the ability to communicate instructions in a professional and
positive manner. Must have strong interpersonal skills and work
well with the public and other staff. Have the ability to establish
a positive rapport by using tact and discretion with participants,
parents, and staff. Must display a high degree of emotional
maturity while keeping difficult situations in proper prospective.
Must be detail oriented. Must be able to process information
accurately. Must be able to communicate effectively and in a timely
Need to Have: High School Diploma or in progress. Minimum five (5)
years experience in dance. Minimum (1) year teaching experience.
Must enjoy working with children. CPR, AED, and First Aid
Certified, or willing to be certified.
Essential Functions of the Position
Park District Cornerstones
- Follow all departmental safety rules that pertain to the duties
performed and support all aspects of Park District's safety and
risk management program.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with residents,
colleagues, the public, PDRMA and other agencies or organizations
- Recommends improvements and efficiencies to better accomplish
individual and district goals in the best interests of the St.
Charles Park District community.
- Comply with park district policies and administrative
Under the direction and supervision of the Superintendent of
Recreation, the Assistant Superintendent of Recreation, Dance
Program Supervisor, and the Dance Program Coordinator, the Dance
Instructor shall complete his/her assigned duties to the best of
his/her abilities, offering suggestions of better ways to
accomplish jobs and be ever mindful of the best interests of the
St. Charles Park District and of fellow employees.
This position requires extensive knowledge and ability to:
- Effectively demonstrate and teach dance skills to students of
all skill levels in disciplines including, but not limited to:
ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical, contemporary and/or hip hop, based on
the program syllabi.
- Create and effectively implement lesson plans appropriate to
program level and participant's abilities.
- Maintain accurate records including, but not limited to:
attendance and progress of participants.
- Select and organize music and dances as directed for annual
recital and instructional classes.
- Develop choreography for dance annual recital, winter showcase,
seasonal classes, and other special performances.
- Continue education by attending staff meetings and training
- Demonstrate ability to work independently or with limited
direction; anticipate needs for success of the dance program.
- Maintain and promote excellent customer service relations with
patrons, parents, and other affiliates.
- Recognize, report, and respond to any unsafe conditions, and
possible or definite hazards.
- Performs job safely and in compliance with district policies
Marginal Functions of the Position
- Perform other related duties and/or special projects as
- Attend special events as assigned.
Physical and Environmental Requirements
Position or Activity
46-100% of the time
16-45% of the time
0-15% of the time
Requires a range of hearing and vision that allows the employee to
safely complete the essential duties of the position with or
without assistive devices, corrective lenses and/or glasses and/or
a reasonable accommodation.
EEO Statement and Accommodations
The St Charles Park District is an equal opportunity employer under
all state and federal laws and regulations. The job
responsibilities are subject to accommodations pursuant to the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If you require assistance
or accommodation with the application process, please contact the
Business Department at 630-584-1055.
Keywords: ST CHARLES PARK DISTRICT, Elgin , Dance Instructor, Education / Teaching , Saint Charles, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!