Baker Station Instructor
Company: ST CHARLES PARK DISTRICT
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: September 23, 2022
CUSD303 School Location - St. Charles, IL
Job Summary About the Role
Deliver high quality recreation services for residents, visitors
and the St. Charles community by adhering to the Districts safety
and administrative policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
This position is well suited for someone with pleasant personality.
Have work record that shows reliability, initiative, and tact.
Ability to assess situations and offer positive feedback.
Experience and desire to work with school age children. Knowledge
of positive leadership techniques, childrens activities and games,
developmental learning progressions, and appropriate discipline
Need to Have: Must be a minimum of 16 years of age. Be certified,
or have the ability to be certified, in CPR/AED and First Aid
within 60 days of hire.
Essential Functions of the Position
Park District Cornerstones
- Follow all departmental safety rules that pertain to the duties
performed and support all aspects of Park Districts safety and risk
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with residents,
colleagues, the public, PDRMA and other agencies or organizations
- Recommends improvements and efficiencies to better accomplish
individual and district goals in the best interests of the St.
Charles Park District community.
- Comply with park district policies and administrative
Under the supervision of the Superintendent of Recreation, the
Assistant Superintendent of Recreation, Baker Station, Tween and
Family Recreation Supervisor, and Baker Station Coordinator the
Baker Station Instructor shall complete his/her assigned duties to
the best of his/her abilities, offering suggestions of better ways
to accomplish jobs and be ever mindful of the best interests of the
St. Charles Park District and of fellow employees. This position
requires knowledge and ability to:
- Work cooperatively with the office staff of the individual
schools, the general public, the on-site instructors, Fox Valley
Special Recreation Association staff, and the participants as a
Park District employee.
- Follow-up on absentees by checking with the Supervisor and
follow up with parents as needed.
- Effectively communicate.
- Lead activities occurring at Baker Station.
- Resolve problems with participants and notify their
- Effectively communicate information both to and from the
- Assess needs of participants, recommend and implement
modification to the existing program.
- Identify unsafe or unacceptable situations and provide safe
environment for participants.
- Perform First Aid and CPR as necessary.
- Assist with emergency procedures that pertain to duties
Marginal Functions of the Position
- Perform other related duties and/or special projects as
Physical and Environmental Requirements
Position or Activity
46-100% of the time
16-45% of the time
0-15% of the time
Requires a range of hearing and vision that allows the employee to
safely complete the essential duties of the position with or
without assistive devices, corrective lenses and/or glasses and/or
a reasonable accommodation.
EEO Statement and Accommodations
The St Charles Park District is an equal opportunity employer under
all state and federal laws and regulations. The job
responsibilities are subject to accommodations pursuant to the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If you require assistance
or accommodation with the application process, please contact the
Business Department at 630-584-1055.
If you would like to work in St. Charles as a special needs
companion, visit https://www.fvsra.org/jobs for more information
and/or to apply.
Keywords: ST CHARLES PARK DISTRICT, Elgin , Baker Station Instructor, Education / Teaching , Saint Charles, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!