Office Coordinator II
Company: Elgin Community College
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage
of their educational journeys, including university transfer
programs, career and technical education, continuing education
classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride
ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every
person-students, staff members, faculty members, and campus
visitors-feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to
the college's mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a
positive environment through professional challenges, excellent
benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM
Rate of Pay:
This position is a grade 13 with a minimum of $43,350 and a
mid-point of $57,800. Salary offer will be commensurate with the
education/experience, in alignment with the College's compensation
philosophy, and the current CBA, if applicable.
An employee in this classification performs work of moderate
difficulty by coordinating daily operations of the assigned
division office. Work is distinguished by the ability to provide
administrative support to the Dean and division office staff and to
interact with faculty. General supervision is received by the
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university;
with 4 years of executive assistant experience or equivalent
combination of training and experience.
- Good knowledge of budgets and purchasing processes.
- Considerable skill in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite,
including but not limited to Word, Excel, Access and
- Considerable skill in organizing work to meet established
deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Working skill in interpersonal interaction to be applied to a
variety of individuals with differing education, ethnic and
- Working skills in verbal and written communication.
- Working skill in operating a personal computer, applicable
software and peripheral equipment as well as learning and adapting
to new and updated programs and technology.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including
evenings and weekends when required by the department's needs.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good knowledge of administrative processes in higher
- Provide general office assistance for the assigned Dean. Answer
phones, prepare correspondence, schedule meetings. Prepare and
organize materials for meetings.
- Coordinate hiring process for new faculty. Schedule interviews,
secure employment forms, assign voicemail and e-mail accounts,
- Link all instructor teaching assignments to faculty contracts.
Calculate compensation as outlined in contracts and generate
- Distribute semester schedules to instructional staff. Input
schedules on integrated data management system, maintain changes,
update, and resolve room conflicts with other division support
- Maintain departmental filing system and inventory of required
forms and supplies needed to run an efficient office.
- Generate requisitions, maintain budget and monitor general
ledger accounts. Run budget reports as requested.
- Maintains required training, licensure and/or
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres
to applicable privacy laws.
- Demonstrates sensitivity, understanding and respect of diverse
populations within the workplace.
- Maintains an understanding of the work of colleagues to
effectively provide backup and/or support for co-workers during
times when the division is short-staffed or experiencing an
increased volume of work.
- Adheres to department guidelines for attendance and
- May assist with student education and graduation processes.
Prepare exam rosters, notify students of class cancellations and
verify with records personnel that students have completed
necessary coursework for graduation, etc.
- May assist in the preparation of accreditation reports, program
review reports, grants, course outlines, instructional materials
and exams for division management.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to
the job description.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes
days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
Light (up to 25 lbs occasionally or 10 lbs frequently)
Close visual acuity (e.g. computer, assembly)
Typical office or administrative
Current SSECCA Union Member Information:
The initial posting date for this position is 01/19/2024. Elgin
Community College Support Staff Association (SSECCA) members that
apply by 01/26/2024 and meet the posted minimum qualifications will
receive full consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elgin Community College does not discriminate, or tolerate
discrimination, against any member of its community on the basis of
race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender/gender identity,
age, religion, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital
status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by
applicable federal, state or local law in matters of admissions,
employment, or in any aspect of the educational programs or
activities it offers.
In addition, Elgin Community College provides reasonable
accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to ensure
equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment
practices, educational opportunities, and programs and services. If
you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application
and hiring process, please notify the College's EEO/AA Officer.
Determinations on request for a reasonable accommodation will be
made on a case-by-case basis.
Keywords: Elgin Community College, Elgin , Office Coordinator II, Administration, Clerical , Elgin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!