Company: M4 Factory
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Description: The Staff Accountant will help develop and complete
critical steps in the Company's various accounting processes and
financial reporting process. In fulfilling these responsibilities,
this individual will be required to work effectively with
professionals at all levels of the organization and to collaborate
with individuals across functional areas. Reporting to the
Financial Controller, this role will be responsible for general
accounting duties, processing payments to vendors based on invoice
terms and goods receipts, managing incoming payments from customers
and applying them to proper invoices and general office duties for
a large, private manufacturing company.
Requirements: Accounts Payable
- Verifies receiving reports and purchase orders, and match
vendor invoices with receivers and POs. 3-Way Match. Code the
vendor invoices to correct GL Codes. Input Invoices into ERP
- Process expense reports submitted by employees: checks for
accuracy, verifies supporting documentation, codes to general
- Obtains and maintains W-9 information from vendors, prepares
monthly accruals for non-inventory invoices and employee expenses,
investigates and resolves old items on the monthly open
- Monitors unpaid invoices; works with production purchasing
personnel for timely processing of invoices.Accounts Receivable
- Collect and investigate past due accounts.
- Prepare daily cash application and input into ERP system / make
deposits to bank.
- Provide invoicing for clients.
- Send out statements on a periodic basis.General Office / HR
- Backup for distribution of mail for Accounting Department and
maintaining vendor files.
- Supporting HR function with relatable activities including
processing payroll (backup).
- Lead office administrative activities including monitoring
office supplies and reorders, telephone inquiries, greet front door
guests, packages / mail.
- Receive clients and guests, set up for meetings, & assist with
- Assist in completing month end close.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Run financial reports.
- Enter journal entries in general ledger.
- Investigation of monthly variances and other cost
analysis.Required Experience, Skills, Attributes
- 1-3 years of experience in a fast-paced Staff Accounting
- Must be reliable and extremely trustworthy.
- Prior experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable and
general accounting and office is required.
- Effective communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office; Scheduling appointments in
Outlook and MS Excel with basic formulas.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Attention to detail and focus on the accuracy of keyed
- Must be able to learn other accounting software systems. IQMS
system and ERP system background.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidential and meticulous records.
- Ability to work independently
- High school diploma required. College: Accounting or Finance
degree preferred.Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or
hear. Prolonged periods of time at a computer. The employee is
frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must
regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds.Job Type: Full-timePay:
From $40,150.75 per yearBenefits:
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Monday to FridayWork Location: One location
Keywords: M4 Factory, Elgin , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Woodstock, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!